ManicRobThrill

Friday, January 14, 2005

Oooh, how you doin'?

A grey, wet and uncomfortably humid morning. The temperature is supposed to drop considerably tonight. The Punch Line has its' first recording session in nearly two months tomorrow and I have a slightly scratchy throat, which my co-workers tell me has been the first/oncoming warning shot of the flu that's been plaguing my office. Oh, great. As it stands, I'm still trying to psych myself into tomorrow's session and having no luck. It seems more like a chore than a pleasure; I'm also not keen on being trapped in a smoke-filled house for endless hours, no privacy to record, etc. Hopefully, not-100% health won't add to the misery. At the very least, I'm prepared for tomorrow (i.e. what guitars, effects and things that need to be done) and have an eye on attempting to complete them all so that these tracks are considered "finished" (pre-mixing) and we can focus on the final three songs that have yet to be recorded.

There is a new addition to the "contributors" list, Le Fig. Her blog, Clementine's Folly, has already been graced by her witty views on life around her. Please take a look and read her musings. Also, if I haven't mentioned it before, check out Boblog, by someone who needs no introduction, Bob Mould. Please look at his blog as well; he has a lot of good things to say.

As I hit the gym Tuesday and last night, it was complete cruiser's central. I'm not gay, which is fairly well-known, but I thought, "dudes, do you have no discretion?". Admittedly, I was checked out by some of the towel-less brigade and I realized there is a code of cruising in the gym: if you're wearing a towel and headed for the showers, you're probably actually going to take a shower. If you're headed for the showers or sauna without a towel, you're looking for action. I head to the showers, fully dressed in my workout gear. Sure enough, I could feel the eyes on me... hmmm, is the fleet in? Flattering as it may be, I have to think, if a gay man wants me, he must really be desperate. Besides, 2 factors tell you immediately I'm straight: my wedding ring and the woman's name tattooed on my left arm. Thanks for looking and the invite to the party, bois, but I really don't want to come at or on it.

Take THIS quiz:
"What Kind of Elitist Are You?" - Results:
You speak eloquently and have seemingly read every book ever published. You are a fountain of endless (sometimes useless) knowledge, and never fail to impress at a party. What people love: You can answer almost any question people ask, and have thus been nicknamed Jeeves. What people hate: You constantly correct their grammar and insult their paperbacks.
Now that's a result I can agree with...

Go here:

http://quizilla.com/users/thebecca/quizzes/What%20Kind%20of%20Elitist%20Are%20You%3F/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home