ManicRobThrill

Saturday, January 08, 2005

My ride's here


This is the Mini Cooper that Liz and I have had our eyes on for at least 3 years. No, the mid-life crisis still hasn't happened; we just don't own our own car...not yet. The one pictured above is customized by me and I'm thinking we'll be able to buy it by year's end. The convenience of going to Mini's site and being able to pick out every detail, right down to the financing plan, is brilliant. I didn't go for ridiculous accoutrements (like a Union Jack on the roof or extraneous bullshit like that); I took their best, yet economical package and this is THE car. I've downloaded and saved all the information, so if anyone wants to buy the above auto for us, in the color pictured, it will be heartily accepted.

It was a perfect birthday, spent the way I wanted and ending with just Liz and I alone in the splendor of peace and quiet. Of course, this morning is grey and raining, so thanks be to the sun for shining yesterday.

Part of the afternoon was spent revisiting and tightening up my acoustic solo set. For some strange reason, I felt an urge like I hadn't in years, to get out the 12-string and see if I could remember some of the old songs. I'm proud to say that not only do I know the songs and can still perform them with the necessary vibe, but I somehow started playing some of the songs that were demo'd but never performed anywhere else. Suffice it to say that I have a quite formidable set at the ready, so it's safe to presume that I will be booking a show or two, come the warmer weather.

(Post-script re: mid-life crisis... When it happens, it just means I'll buy a Vespa.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home