ManicRobThrill

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Sunday morning sun

A fine start to the morning. Sun shining, coffee and some blog time. Liz is already up, the cats are fed and I'll be hitting the gym in a little while.

Nice day yesterday, going out to do errands, etc. Bought a practical, yet stylish knapsack so when I go to the gym from work, I don't have to give my back any greater strain when carrying my usual bag on my shoulder and my gym bag. This will now serve as my everyday bag. Picked up a new pair of jeans as well. Also bought groceries to carry me through the week to not buy lunch. Didn't eat anything beyond breakfast and felt really good by day's end. All in all, the first day of a new year and I'm in complete discipline and control mode.

I didn't do any recording yesterday. By the time we got home, I was pretty tired. I'm looking toward the weekend of the 15th, when I have to be in a formal musical mindset again. The thing is, at the moment, I have no interest in rock music (save for a few bands, sparingly and not counting my own music). I've been listening to more pure country than anything else. Not surprising, either. The quality of the music, the lyrics and the vocals by most of the artists I like are simply that--quality. I've grown tired again of the posturing nature of rock/rock musicians. Most of us who came of age in the punk or post-punk scene (and its' various offshoots) have grown up and moved on, both musically and on a personal plane, but there are some absolute twats from back then who have resurfaced (with no progression as human beings) . You can make music and keep your dignity, but there are so few musicians who keep this ethic in mind. It poses an interesting question for me to mull over in the coming days/weeks/months, concerning my approach with the completion of The Punch Line's album on the horizon.

Okay--got to motor. Time to workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home