ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Get a grip

Heading to the gym later. Really glad to be going since I slacked off on Sunday and I'm feeling the encroaching Punch Line session stress creeping in. Try as I might, I can't stave off the irritation factor. Tension comes and doesn't go until the work for that day is done. I resent the fact that I have those moments when I just want the recording to be completed so we can get to mixing. It feels like that dreadful cliche where the hallway seems to get longer and longer as you reach the door of escape. Horrible. I would like to think that the annoyances, inconveniences and just plain fucked up situations since the album began will be forgotten in light of a stellar and well-loved document being released. Everything is on a "we'll see" basis; as the track record has indicated in the last few months, it's the only way to operate. So we'll see. I'll go to the gym tonight and have a good workout/psychological refresher.

Watched Bandwagon the other night for the first time in a few years (and certainly since The Punch Line's resurrection). While it's pretty dated (having that mid-'90's "indie" rock stamp all over it), it's still a good movie and entertaining as all hell. Of course, if you're in a band, it definitely touches a few nerves. There are some scenes that mirror my own experiences with The Punch Line (past and present) and wow, you can feel the blood pressure rising. Nonetheless, check it out. It's funny, silly, irreverant and accurate. There are also some pretty good tunes (think 'Mats/Soul Asylum, TwinTone-era).

A lot of my friends have been worrying more and more about the Evangelical Christians. I really don't know what to say except to just keep living your life for you, as you see fit. There are some things that we cannot control and this is one of them--especially at this moment. I'm not rolling over and kowtowing to them, but I'm focused on my life; our impending move, my physical health and enjoying the life that Liz and I have built up. It's all I can do. I can't be bothered giving a fuck about lunatic-fringe religious zealots. Sorry. It isn't in me anymore. As long as they aren't proselytizing at me, like any extreme political or pseudo-social organization, I'm fine. Actually, to be honest, I don't care. Just don't wave your flag in my face, whatever your cause is. I don't want to know.

Very happy to see three of my favorite human beings on the radio this coming Thursday:

www.resonancefm.com/audio

If you don't already know, don't ask--tune in instead.

Just got back from a nice walk with the Wolfe. Talking with him always is a pleasure. He's one of the few completely grounded people I know. The sun's come out and getting away from the confines of the office can be a great help. Thus, it's helped to diffuse some of the negative bits and bobs swirling around in my mind. Only 45 minutes to the gym and I'm beginning to feel a resurgence in energy.

More tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home