ManicRobThrill

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Thinking in a straight line

Ever get the feeling like you're being stalked? It's one thing to have a steady readership, but yowsa! Talk about paranoia. How creepy. Nonetheless, read on, MacDuff...

I'll make my one statement of absolute seriousness as I have the right to. After seeing Terri Schiavo's mother's news conference yesterday, I am appalled and nauseated by the posturing of Ms. Schiavo's parents. It was a disgusting display to make the statements she made towards her son-in-law and his partner; if the Schindlers really gave a damn about their daughter, they'd accept that she is not coming back and let her go with dignity. Stop parading Ms. Schiavo's so-called friends in front of the cameras; these (allegedly good) Christian "crusaders" (there's that word again) are merely shills who do nothing but spout about everything except the facts of this case. Even a worthless rag like the New York Post ran a headline today saying "enough". And that's exactly what this has come to. Let this woman be. Please. Make an attempt and show Terri Schiavo respect. She's earned it.

Have to admit, as much as I dragged my heels to the gym last night, I was right--the workout was steady and solid and refreshed me to no end. Felt awake (with little soreness) by the time I got home and managed to take care of all my evening's tasks while enjoying my nightly conversation and couch time with Liz. I think it's time to gradually increase my program. Now that spring is here, it's time to lengthen the routines. I can also feel the new balance in my diet since my most recent shift. Not to jinx it, but I feel pretty good physically.

Today is supposed to reach 60. Tonight, I will walk back to the ferry to get fresh air/exercise and a smattering of the sun. Many chores to take care of when I get home, so it will be a welcome diffusion from the day.

Good point to stop. A lot to do before today's VML class.

Enjoy the sun if you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home