ManicRobThrill

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Home is...

I'll make it brief as per yesterday's recording session--"Inside" was done in an economical amount of time and sounded (at the first few listens) good. There are a few overdubs that need to be done; the keys and 2nd guitar still needs to be done on "Bitter Sweet", but that's all. The main recording of the album is complete. I was given a "rough mix" sequenced version--it's really a "wrong mix" version--and I couldn't even listen to it. I can't make judgment on the quality of the overall recording with versions that were scrapped at the outset (first take vocals, etc.); it's pointless, so it went right in the trash. Rather than become more irate, I have to laugh since it's almost become the norm. The only way to diffuse after all that was to watch
"The Spongebob Squarepants Movie" (two thumbs up). Oh, and hey, Bob--thanks again for lunch--next time we have dinner, it's on me, dude. You're too generous.

Driving to and from Bloomfield and prior to that, taking the train to Hoboken on Friday, I still find myself in the conundrum of living on Staten Island until the end of the year. Coming back last night to a warm, loving home is great, but Liz isn't kidding--it's depressing that it happens to be here. Hoboken is someplace I've always felt like I was home the moment I came up from the train, and Bloomfield is the kind of place I'd like to raise a family when we've decided it's time. It leads me back to the scenarios, daydream, etc. that Liz, B., J.W. , Bob and many of my other friends have discussed in the recent past--the notion of having a house, making it a home and being able to have not only pride of place but to be glad that everyone wants to come over and spend time. Home is what you put into it; what kind of vibe you give to those who enter your door. While there is a steady stream of Liz' and my friends coming here regularly and as comfortable and welcome we try to make sure everyone is, I just wish it wasn't here--this physical location. Doesn't put anyone off from being repeat visitors (obviously--look at our social calendar), I just dislike the downward spiral of the building's appearance. But then again, I'm only thinking out loud and we only have another three, four months before the move search becomes serious and actions are taken.

And speaking of social calendar, I could use a weekend off. These last few weekends have been a whirlwind of activity and next week is no different. Dinner and a show Friday; friends over for dinner Saturday... wow. I don't think we have time for ourselves until Liz' birthday weekend.

Enough! Too much thinking on a Sunday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home