ManicRobThrill

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Pow

I just want to gloat for a minute, especially since this cold has not yet left my system. NOT seeing the Mets last night (old familiar story with this Time Warner Cable - Cablevision war) but seeing the ESPN News "blips" about my team knocking 7 home runs (including David Wright's 1st career grand slam) put a smile across my face. After hearing about how the Yankees can't seem to win and how George Steinbrenner is angered with his multi-million dollar team, I can't help but revel, even for a moment.

Haven't been to a ball game in a few years. I live exactly one block from the Staten Island Yankees ballpark, but I would never lower myself, unless the Brooklyn Cyclones (the Mets' local minor league affiliate) come. I really need to get out to Shea as it's been too damned long. I think the last time I was there was Opening Day, 2001. The tradition was always myself, Keith and a few of the other guys from Atlantic would go. Once again, those glorious days. But I do need to get back to my playground.

Beyond that, I wish this crud would disperse. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home