ManicRobThrill

Monday, April 11, 2005

Ahead

Even though I'm in the office, my mind is on The Punch Line. Music; a sense of rejuvenation and the upcoming WORK that we have to accomplish--it's a great feeling. One more recording session; mixing, photo shoot and the wrap-up of the design... so much to do in so little time. I've e-mailed the guys to schedule a formal band meeting to discuss the above sometime late next week, which equals a good night out at Maxwell's.

It helps the soul that this morning has been as beautiful as it is. Crisp, cool, f-r-e-s-h air, even in the office. Keeps me awake and sharp; it isn't particularly busy this morning, which frees me up to think/write coherently.

Let me get one thing out of the way--the current Top 10 list. Just so you know:

"King Of The Hill" -- The Minutemen
"I Will Dare" -- The Replacements
"Hate Paper Doll" -- Husker Du
"New Gods" -- The Meat Puppets
"Gimme Gimme Gimme" -- Black Flag
"Can't Keep Away" -- Sector 27
"Feel Like Makin' Love" -- Bad Company
"Day After Day" -- Badfinger
"Dreams Are Free, Motherfucker" -- The Minutemen
"Confusion Is Next" -- Sonic Youth

A bit of a mixed bag, for certain, but I have my reasons.

History lesson: Sector 27 was Tom Robinson's band after the dissolution of TRB (1 & 2); they released one album in 1981 on I.R.S.; I'd seen the videos on Rockworld late one Friday night and was blown away, yet never bought the damn album. I think the world of Tom Robinson--a visionary; a courageous human being and a damned fine songwriter. Sector 27 lasted only the one album (after which, he recorded and released what I think is his masterpiece, "North By Northwest" in '82), but in '96, a CD of the albums' tracks plus unreleased bonuses appeared. Bobby is a fan of this album and re-introduced me to it, bless his heart. Spent yesterday afternoon remembering how good it was/is.

Should be an easy week. Only four days of work; the weather is supposed to remain like this and we get to see Brian this coming Friday, for the weekend. Not forgetting how much fun Friday night is going to be. Simple pleasures? You bet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home