ManicRobThrill

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Saturday night's alright for Chinese food

Having just finished off a satisfying dinner (as I haven't eaten since about 6 a.m.), I am finally able to gather my thoughts and relax. It's been a long day, but unbelievably productive. The Punch Line are one song away from completing the album and I couldn't be more proud and pleased.

At the outset, I started to get a twinge of stress, thanks in no small part to the difficulty of driving due to the pouring rain. We all met up at the same time; Chris had actually come from work and he was vibed out and not feeling 100%, physically. None of the recording equipment was prepped in advance and I started to think "uh-oh"; however, it never got to being stressful. I think it took maybe 10 minutes or so for Chris to get everything wired and we were recording. Naturally, even though I'd said we wouldn't venture near "Someone" or "Puppet Master", sure enough, I knocked out the vocals on "Someone" (with Chris re-doing his harmonies) and re-did "Second Time Around" -- both sounded great. Bobby delivered a stellar performance on "Puppet Master", the way I'd envisioned and knew he could and that was complete. What really caught me off guard (in the best way) was I prepped to begin working on "Inside (Open Your Eyes)" and we wound up doing "Bitter Sweet", which I was firmly fixed on doing last since it was so convoluted. I was wrong and the rhythm tracks, extra percussion and all vocals are done. Just have to add one more guitar and the keyboard and the song is completed; "Inside" will be next and last. Who would have guessed? It was also the most fun we've had recording since the dismantling of Synchronic West Studios. We started at about 11:15 and finished up by 3:45, as that's when Bob and I got in our cars and drove away. A slow but safe drive home; a happy, surprised smile from Liz; a filling meal of Chinese soup and I'm ready to settle back for the evening.

Not much more to say than that. I'm pretty content and now looking forward to the gym tomorrow.

Oh, I did forget to take the new camera, but next session--aptly being the last for the album--I promise, I'll have some shots to post on this blog.

Have a good weekend and don't forget to set your clocks ahead by an hour!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home