ManicRobThrill

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

'Tis the season

While I sit here with this fabulous bottle of banana/chocolate flavored wine and a Toblerone, courtesy of Brotherman Kevin Q. (BIG shoutout, dude), I'm ready to recap the year, music and any other minutiae I can think of.

Before that, let me be a homer: an article written by one of the finest writers on the planet, one of the finest human beings and one of my favorite people.

Phase one (in which Doris gets her oats):

I started this blog a year ago (! -- more later on that) with an eye on the band releasing the album; me getting physically healthier and a far more positive slant on things since I was approaching my 40th birthday. There were a few bumps in the road, all unwanted, but nothing that I couldn't cope with or at best, think my way through to a logical conclusion. All in all, a good year--a productive year--a long year. As J.W. recently commented to me, "I feel like I've lived three years in this one". I think that's a really accurate way of looking at it.

So as far as highs of this year go:
Jan. -- turning 40 and getting the papers of ownership of Synchronic Entertainment, making it a real label/corporation
Feb. -- the night out with Brady and our wives; the first night Bobby and I hung out together at Maxwell's
Mar. -- getting the SG and the amazing session at Stage Left, also paying next to no taxes for the first time since we got married...
Apr. -- seeing The Undertones at Maxwells with everyone
May -- "We Jam Econo" and Memorial Day weekend at Maxwell's
Jun. -- Asbury Lanes with Bob (ye gods, those gals)
Jul. -- iBook & Treo (God, how shallow)
Aug. -- completed mixing the album
Sept. -- getting the job at Turn Up The Music
Nov. -- finding the new apartment in Union
Dec. -- getting on board with the XM revolution and of course, one year after starting this blog, I'm still alive, able to write and able to say that the album is soon going to manufacturing; we're packing to move and although I'm in dire need of a gym, I feel alright.

So onto the next post -- some of the downsides (not to be a bummer, but there were some poignant moments).

Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home