ManicRobThrill

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Fresh air in the mind

I'm not sure when I last blogged this early on a Sunday morning, but this is the result of a good (early) night's sleep and waking up at 4:45 a.m., feeling refreshed. The cats are already fed; I've already had breakfast and am letting the caffeine run its' course through my veins and Liz is still sleeping soundly. With the living room window open and the sun pouring in, could I ask for a better scenario?

Picked up the 12-string on Friday night; the guys at Sam Ash did a great job (huge props to Avi) and I'm finally able to become acquainted with it. The songs have come back to me quickly and easily and the guitar sounds warm. It's still unusual--not playing the Madeira--but aside from not having the guitar-string-blisters/hardness on my fingers anymore, I find the songs are all there and my fingers still know the chords with ease. I did investigate inexpensive electronic drums, which, if I feel a strong enough desire to start full-on recording, I may invest in. A greater scope of quality in recording (especially digitally) and I would also buy a new keyboard. Out with the old, unfortunately. My current Casio has seen better days! The great thing is that I do have several songs I'd like to commit to record, so I would say there are definitive plans; it's now just a case of when will I have the actual time?

Being up this early means I should be en route to the gym in about 45 minutes. That's the other great reclamation of the moment. Getting back on track with myself. I shouldn't fail to mention practicing SY daily/nightly.

Keeping in concert with the upcoming return/changes to our home (and homelife), I've been spending a lot of time purging again. No one ever has to ask whether or not we do "spring cleaning", etc., as this is a fairly regular occurence. It's another round of throwing out clothes and shoes that are no longer appropriate (think "Mod" or any kind of "rock" attire); notes and papers from my years of playing in bands (lyrics/lyrical attempts (ha ha ha) by others, meeting minutes, ads, etc. - I'm not keen on scrapbooks), old software (what could OS 9.1 possibly be used for now? Especially since once we move, we're getting a new iMac. Holy smokes!), photos and just plain old junk. Sorry to sound like a broken record but pack-ratting is something I have NEVER done or will ever succumb to. And every two or three years, you should go through your papers and files. Aside from regularly purging the closet, that is. I'm just not sentimental enough to keep letters and printed e-mails from acquaintences come-and-gone. Does this make me a minimalist?

Spending a lot of time on Staten Island as of late--due diligence in preparation for our move back. Patience aside, it will be great to close the last of the negative chapters. Only four months to go.

All that aside, la vida es sueno.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home