ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Weekend rewind (and then some)

Fantastic weekend, if you consider the trivialities of doing housework, running errands and the like to be "fantastic"--that's how I define this past weekend by virtue of feeling accomplished. Not lingering in the apartment after Liz left for work on Saturday morning and getting the laundry finished by 9 was the start. Stopping off to get my haircut and having them do it right made me feel, for all intents and purposes, like a million dollars. A solid night's sleep (by going to bed at 9:15 and getting up at 4:15!) didn't hurt either. And the pleasure of having Liz home on Sunday gave us the chance to have a good, old-fashioned "suburban" day (her phrase), which meant fun jaunts to Starbucks, Target, the mall and a visit to my father. All in all, stress-free, full of laughs and a comfortable two days of sunshine.

With that being said, it's the simpler joys in my life that have been keeping me focused and getting my thing completely together again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home