ManicRobThrill

Friday, August 20, 2010

Happy birthday, Dad

My dad's birthday was yesterday. He would have been 76. This was obviously difficult to swallow; my emotion's currents change like the waves. I miss him no less than the day he died. And I wish for him to be at peace for his first birthday free of pain and illness.

I was lucky; had I been alone yesterday, I would have probably spent a good portion of the day in tears. Thankfully, after rushing back to Staten Island on a half-day from work to pick up the car, I, the special someone and her adorable daughter went out for lunch, iPhone shopping and for them to adopt a cat, which, happily is the case. A beautiful little 7 month old girl now has a happy, loving home. I spent it with people I love and care about; some of my family called in to check on me which I appreciate to no end.

So, happy birthday, Dad, up there. I love you and I miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home