ManicRobThrill

Monday, June 21, 2010

Summertime blues

First day of the summer solstice; what a way to begin. Someone I love is hospitalized with a serious-enough-for-surgery problem; worry has permeated every corner of my mind, even though she's already on the mend. I'm tired; sluggish--yesterday's first Father's Day without my father was a little rocky. I'd say the last 72 hours have been something of an emotional spin-cycle.

Fortunately, I did have some time on Saturday to work on music, which by all definitions, went well. The first brand-new song in a while, "She Is The Light", came to completion and I'm not surprised, as I'd been feeling (oddly enough) inspired. Considering I should be writing things in the vein of "Your Dictionary" (a masterpiece--thank you, Mr. Partridge), I opted to write something real; something personal. You'll have to wait until it's recorded, so sit down and shut up.

I don't know--being words-y now is something a bit alien to me. It's been a quieter time. While I can't see it as bad, it is interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home