ManicRobThrill

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Louis Ross 1934 -2010

My father died tonight.

He passed away quietly in his sleep at the nursing home at 10 p.m. They called to tell me and to let me know that the cremation service were on their way. Everyone has been kind and patient and helpful, even though we knew that this was going to happen. My mother's family came to see my father over this past weekend to say their goodbyes.

I had said my goodbyes every time I saw him this past week. I could go on and write--and I will at a later time--but this is what I want to say.

I loved him. I respected him. He was my friend. I was proud of him and proud to be his son. He was my father and no finer a man will I ever know.

Goodbye, Dad. Thank you for everything. I will miss you for the rest of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home