ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Here comes the summer (redux again!)

I didn't even realize that summer has officially begun as of this morning; it's been deliciously comfortable these last two or so weeks - the perfect spring feeling that's been missing for years.  But it's already over and here we are again.  

Having been buoyed up by seeing my family a few weeks ago, I think that was a key table-setter for this good mood I've been immersed in.  I've tried my best - and pretty much have succeeded - in not letting stupid or unimportant things upset me.  There's no point to any of the petty aggravations.  So that's helped.  Getting a clean bill of health from my dentist was another.  And finding a new doctor after 40 years is another huge accomplishment.  Making plans to see old friends who I've missed and getting away for a quick two-day trip really helps.

I work ridiculously long hours every day - in by 7:45 and leave at 6 - so I've taken the initiative and dipped my toe in the water to see what else may be out there, as this isn't the right situation for me.  I wanted to give it a year; I've surpassed it, but it's really time to look beyond this.  And because I have that already resolved in my mind, I haven't let that become a source of frustration or stress.  

There is no pressure to write (except from some publicists); I am under no deadlines to listen to albums or interview anyone; even the podcast is a bit quiet - Jon's been ill and when he's well, I'm sure we will do a  new episode - thankfully, we're not backdated with our shows; there aren't any in the can and whatever comes next will be fresh.

So I'm feeling pretty good about most things at the moment - whatever is happening in the world isn't my concern - my own little slice of pie is more than enough for me. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home