ManicRobThrill

Sunday, December 24, 2023

Christmas miracle...

 I'm usually not taken by the concept of "Christmas spirit", although I have been fortunate enough to experience the feeling on several occasions in my life.

Losing Roxy tore me apart; I don't know if I will ever get over the heartbreak of her passing because she was indescribably special to me.  I loved that little girl more than life itself.  And the emptiness; the void remains.

But sometimes, the kinder side of fate intervenes.  We met a beautiful and sweet little 3-month old girl through the cat rescue we've worked with and adopted from over the years.  This precious kitten has had a difficult start to her life and we knew immediately she was meant to be ours.  We brought her home yesterday; we named her Clover.  And within 24 hours, she's begun to bond with us and settle in to her new surroundings - filled with warmth, food, toys and an abundance of love.

When you lose a "pet", which is a word I don't like, since I view them as family members, it's a pain that doesn't go away.  I've loved every cat I've ever had and each time one goes, part of me dies as well.  When we lost Midnight ten years ago, we immediately met Roxy and she helped the healing process.  Clover is doing the same in the wake of Roxy's death.

The best way to honor the memory of a precious, loved family member is to give another deserving little being a chance to have a happy life of security, a home and love.

And as an aside, it's now 19 years since my first entry into this blog.  Who would have thought?

Merry Christmas to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home