ManicRobThrill

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Still ill

More than a week and I still can't shake off this thing, whatever it is. Felt as close to normal on Monday, yet yesterday I felt the pangs of a dry/scratchy throat again and today, I still have that underwater feeling. Back on Airborne, Advil and Ricola. Liz has it as well, but I don't think she gave it back to me less than 24 hours of becoming ill herself. Damn and blast.

Not sleeping in a normal pattern hasn't helped the healing process any; being awakened on more than one occasion in the middle of the night Monday by trucks clearing what? There is no more snow in the street to be plowed. I didn't get much sleep during the weekend, either. On a 48-hour span, where I should have had some deep, restful slumbers, I wound up sleeping on the couch.

If this feeling continues/goes beyond this weekend, then I'm taking myself to the doctor. Hopefully it won't come to that, but I really see no point in prolonging it.

Went to the gym last night, exhausted and glassy-eyed (as stated by some of my co-workers and one of my neighbors), but managed to get in a full hour's workout. Admittedly, THAT helped put me in (at least) a good frame of mind. No energy whatsoever when I got home; felt so drained, I took the bus home from the ferry.

Was supposed to have dinner with Bob and Chris at Maxwell's tonight; had to postpone that as well, which pissed me off. I'd really like an evening with them as we do for laughs and relaxation. For once, it doesn't seem to center around a formal Punch Line meeting, either, so all the more reason to be irritated by the inconvenience of this malady. Nonetheless, as I stated in an earlier blog, time to shake off the illness and get back to more clear/focused thinking. The gym last night was the start. Let's see how quickly I can leap the next hurdle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home