ManicRobThrill

Friday, January 21, 2005

The picture of health?

This cold/flu/virus that's been circulating around my office is still plaguing me; it's still hitting all of us. I keep taking Airborne, Advil, Ricola honey-herb cough drops and now Vicks 44M; I'm not yet over what elements I have, but I'm thankful that it didn't hit me the way it's seemingly hit others. I haven't had the full-blown flu symptoms; I just feel like crap. Run down, not sleeping soundly, etc. The discomfort of the "underwater" feeling. Add to that these remedies, et al., are wreaking havoc with my system. Chalk this up to the Bush Administration not having flu shots available. Say what you will; I've had one every year for the last 10 years and I haven't fallen ill once during flu season. Thanks for fucking up again, Mr. President.

Nonetheless, feeling as lethargic as I do, I haven't been to the gym since Tuesday. I feel like a sloth, but I don't have the energy to push myself, which would probably make me even worse. I keep trying to right the wrongs of my inadequate eating patterns since Monday and clearing my head of all these non-to-down thoughts that keep swimming around. Ugh. Negative mind equals negative body and it's pissing me off.

Really needed to get that off my chest.

Funnily enough, when this started last week, both Bob and Chris were saying "man, you look great". Even being sick, I've been feeling that the visual/physical improvement is there, or at best, beginning. Until this illness came along, I've been feeling better than I have in God only knows; my mind has been sharper--everything has been falling into place (for what it's worth) and I couldn't be more pleased. My intellect has been reawakened; my desire to know and learn and create has been aroused--even my semi-dormant musical endeavors (playing guitar, singing and approaching songwriting) has re-risen to heights that they haven't been to in years.

Time to shake this off on all levels and get back in line with working out, eating right and feeling it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home