ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Breathe out

Okay, I'm happy to report that I saw my doctor yesterday for the follow-up and results of my blood tests--no abnormalities and my cholesterol is only 5 points over what should be considered the average. Not bad. He gave me prescriptions for the sciatica--an anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxant and that's all folks. A sigh of relief and a long walk down 10th Avenue (am I nuts?) to unwind. Got home, took care of chores and enjoyed a good evening's conversation with Liz. A better ending to a tense day.

This leads me back to re-focus on the gym, my dietary habits and succeeding with South Beach. Liz, bless her, is already in it/on it and she's great--completely focused and disciplined. While I'm currently under doctor's orders to not go to the gym until (at least) the end of the week, I intend to re-commit myself the way I had, pre-March. And don't ask me what made me come off the rails--I haven't got a clue. All I know is, it's time to refresh the body and mind, the way I did at the outset of the year. Of course, a lot of it has to do with one's surroundings (home, work, people, etc.) and it's time, with the beginnings of summer, to clear the clutter from my life. Breathe in... feels good.

Was supposed to have the last recording session on Saturday--that's now been pushed to Sunday. I'd love to see this happen. Time to turn the page on recording and get to mixing. Just one more hurdle to leap.

Got our tickets (reservations?) set for next Tuesday night--an early showing of "We Jam Econo: The Story Of The Minutemen" and maybe a nice light dinner and drinks afterwards. Liz and I have re-awakened our love of fine wines, so that may be the perfect capper for what looks like a great evening--how could it not be, when you've been listening to the boys from Pedro?

Speaking of which, it's time to re-visit the iPod Mini and put the aforementioned works on, plus my other recent acquisitions. I'll keep the hi-energy dance stuff, etc. for the gym, but time to rock harder in a different direction. Keeps me young, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home