ManicRobThrill

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Happy birthday

I'm thinking of the Altered Images' classic. That shout out goes to my wife (Liz, as if you didn't know) who is celebrating her birthday today, albeit with a little help from myself and our cats tonight when she gets home from work. A beautiful day paints the picture just so.

Just got an e-mail from Chris--looks like the wheels are in motion for next Saturday to hopefully, finally cap off the recording. I say that with tongue firmly in cheek, as I now have to get my ass in gear and really focus on getting the keyboards right on "Bitter Sweet" and "Inside". I also (in hindsight) need to re-do the vocals for "Inside"--they were good on the first take, but not great, which they should have been. If my diligence and patience is where I think it will be, with the time available this weekend, I can set about getting the parts down. I want next Saturday's session to be completely fruitful (yet economic) to the point of saying at the end "we have an album ready to mix" and then set the dates of mixdown--NOT my favorite part of post-production (or have I already mentioned that?). Good to know that we're ready to finish this album and move on to becoming an even better live unit. Performance isn't my favorite thing in the world, but I'm prepared/preparing to do whatever is needed to help move units and I do know that The Punch Line are a great band. Like I said not too long ago, when we were last in Stage Left (after we began to hit stride), I felt like it was an almost out-of-body experience as we just sounded so good and hard and tight; I was (to an extent) just listening and watching with amazement and able to see it from a music fan's perspective. File that under "pride".

Of course, in a life built around strange occurances, the day of the next recording session is the start of South Beach. But hey--I'm not going to let the caffeine-withdrawal thing get in my way. I'll have plenty of Advil in my bag and I'll keep myself primed with iced decaf from Dunkin' Donuts and a lot of bottled water. Day one is always a bitch, so I'd rather be recording than sitting around feeling the effects.

Naturally, in talking about food, I feel the pangs as it's getting near lunch. I'll keep this one light and brief, with my closing thoughts on Liz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home