ManicRobThrill

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Cobwebs and stranger

Again feeling off. Not exactly sure why or how, but it's beginning to grate on my nerves. I know this dietary change must be playing a small part, but it's not as if I've started the caffeine-detox process yet. All I know is that on a delicious May morning like today, I should be feeling a bit more vibrant and in better spirits. Confessedly, it's another one of those mornings in which, as much as I love my job, I'd like to be out and about walking, taking in fresh air and feeling. File this one under "I wish I could spend the afternoon in Hoboken"-kind of day. Emotional clouding? I'm not certain.

Add to this lack of feeling, I haven't had any drive or desire to work on music; I haven't used any free time in the studio, either working on what needs to be worked out or even trying to sculpt ideas/fragments that have been lying dormant. I can't say that I'm spent or burned out already, but I definitely feel nonchalant at the moment. And I can't conceive of even picking up/looking at any of my guitars or keyboards.

A few of my more-trusted friends/colleagues think it's a pre-occupation (albeit minor) with my blood test results and my upcoming diet prep. I can't argue with that. I've been in a null state since Monday--not bad, not angered, etc. Just not anything. Been working; busy at home with friends and family more than I have in God only knows how long, so I haven't any inertia that would make me think too much about what puts me off... I know better than to fret over what I can't control, but I've also felt non-committal to so much that it's almost another non-point to throw onto the pyre. Ah, burn it down and have done with it.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home