ManicRobThrill

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Scum surfin' on a putrid tide

Actually attempted to post yesterday; just a few random thoughts, as I went home almost as quickly as I'd arrived at work. Was feeling -uh- "seasick" and figured the best and safest place to be was at home. I can take having a cold and it won't stop or slow me down from my daily routines (including going to work, gym, etc.), but when it comes to stomach ailments, I prefer the comforts of the apartment. Nonetheless, feeling better today and hoping this was just a minor bout of food poisoning or a slight virus. Oh, and the attempted entry was lost in the ether, so it's really a moot point. It didn't annoy me (as it might do if it was another time, etc.), since I wasn't feeling really up to par and was writing as an exercise to keep my mind off being ill. It sounded forced and utter bullshit anyway--you know, writing for the benefit of others when I prefer to write with clarity. Gastro-intestinal dilemma = lack of concentration, mentally = why bother?

Another unpleasantry about feeling as I was yesterday vs. the usual kinds of bug that one picks up is that I was pretty much stationed on the sofa, watching T.V. This annoys the fuck out of me, as boredom creeps in very quickly. Watched two movies--one which I'd already seen, but there was nothing else on and one which I rented and suspected (quite rightly) would be nothing short of lame. I'll not even bother to mention their names as they aren't worth the time. Couch inertia is aggravating.

Because I'm not at 100%, I'm not going to the gym tonight; sounds like an excuse, but it isn't. I'd really prefer to be at my best for my physical Monday. Besides, we're going Sunday morning and once we get back into the routine proper, I'll be at the gym Tuesday night. Like I said before, it's been a month of "vacation" (insert tongue firmly in cheek).

Didn't really concentrate on much music yesterday--did have the guitar out for a while, though; keeping my fingers nimble on the riffs and fills to things like "See No Evil" and "Can't Keep Away" -- we'd talked about covering these on Saturday and it beats sitting around doing nothing. I couldn't even entertain looking at the keyboard--the bugbear of "Bitter Sweet" lingers, at least for now. The thing about covers, which is a good idea, is that we'd have enough for each live set that we can change them regularly without having to learn new ones as we roll along.

At least today shapes up to be a great improvement over yesterday--my appetite has returned (albeit somewhat gingerly) and I don't feel the feverishness of the last 24 hours. The sun's been shining and I'm well-rested. Will watch my intake very carefully and take it easy.

Maybe more tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home