ManicRobThrill

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Step aside from the fray

A quieter day than usual around the office, which is nice, as it gives me the opportunity to jot down a few thoughts that are sweeping around my mind. Nothing terrible; just random things that need to be captured for the duration...

Day one proper, with no ceremony, on South Beach. Started today, rather than Saturday. Still having minor headaches due to no caffeine, no sugar, etc. The body is in a state of detox. Had a filling breakfast (again, all to the letter of the diet plan) and a delicious lunch and will NOT be having any late afternoon snacks or dinner. For these first few days, a lot of water will have to suffice. Back to the gym on Saturday--doctor's orders forbade me from any strenuous exercises, etc. since my back was not healthy on Monday. Fine. While I haven't had pain to justify popping a Naproxen, I'll still be smart and not do any strenuous exercises, lifting, etc. Must call the doctor early next week to cancel my follow-up visit since the sciatica flare-up has diminshed.

Had to switch my (actually mine and Liz') weekend schedule; a last-minute (grrr) change of plans for recording on Saturday was moved to Sunday; have to scramble on Saturday to hit the gym, grocery shop for ourselves and my dad and take care of all the necessities before packing my bag for the studio. Must make sure I don't forget anything as this is the last session and the keyboard needs quite a few little items that are crucial. If I forget, we're fucked.

A bit tense from the last few days; elements of work have me irritated and the whole Punch Line situation is unresolved. Meeting Bob tomorrow night for dinner and drinks at Maxwell's--talk about being regulars! This will make 3 (if not 4) consecutive weeks of a Friday night in Hoboken. NO complaint, mind you. He needs tomorrow night as much as I do--and he's going to need it even more, I suspect... My mind has been all over the place since Sunday--I suspect this is all due to the chemical changes going on in my body and brain. To a minor degree, I feel like I'm being run over by a Mack truck--I'm sure after a few more days of adjustment, I'll be alright. I'm also starting to think that I'm now developing allergies. Fantastic.

The weather is magnificent--pure May beauty; will put the sun and air to good use tomorrow when I walk the distance of Washington Street from the PATH. Until then, time to re-right the internal compass and do some Sahaja Yoga tonight. It's a total sense of discipline, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home