ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Holiday weekend rewind

As I'd said in my posting on Saturday, we had to break from tradition, due to me being ill. I'm in the last stages of this annoying cold (in my chest, making me cough) but I've been busy from the minute Liz left for work--packing, calling movers, reading through estimates. Anything I can do to make this as smooth as possible, I'll do. The smartest thing a person who is planning on moving can do is call and get as many estimates as you can (if you're not planning on doing any of the heavy lifting yourself); some of the prices are as laughable as they are insulting but if you comparison shop, you may find the right price. I'm guessing the one we got for $624.00 would be right--4 men, total time from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. sounds right; this includes travel time, load and unload (since we'll have everything already packed). I know I'm getting ahead of myself since we're not leaving until Feb. 13th, but it is coming up. All the CD's are now packed; summer clothes and next, I'm dismantling the living room stereo.

Had a really nice Xmas day with Liz, considering I've been under the weather and the weather itself has been grey and rainy. Starbucks in the a.m., thanks to my Xmas gift from Peter and Beth; lunch at Golden's Deli and home to watch two very entertaining movies. Ran some errands with Liz yesterday; groceries for my dad, a quick Chinese take out and another good movie.

As pedestrian as our weekend was, I hope yours was what you wanted it to be. More later--back to packing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home