ManicRobThrill

Monday, January 21, 2008

Close another door

As I'd said in a previous post, I'm looking to sell a few of my guitars and some of the excess equipment I have. There is no rhyme nor reason to keep these items as I never use them; never think about them and all they do is take up space.

It's nice to be able to say there are no emotional connections to these pieces of the past; I don't see any need to analyze it beyond it's high time to free up some space and make some extra cash in the process. I also want to unload things like my old 4 track; I do have the digital 8 track, which is a world of difference in sound, etc. and surely there must be someone who is either a cassette-recording aficionado or just starting and wanting the most minimal equipment to learn from.

I'm also unloading one of my road cases for pedals. I see no need for such a thing; I'm not planning on having my rig go out "on the road" (and you can detect the wry sarcasm in that statement since I put it in quotation marks!) and I have a bag that can safely hold the pedals. Should the time come when I'd need to play live and have my equipment, then okay--I'd find something apt if putting the pedals flat on the ground in front of me isn't a good configuration, but I don't need this item anymore. Just a tad too excessive and pseudo-"rock star" (translation: "I'm an asshole who thinks I'm a rockstar") for me.

While I wait (and hope!) for sales, I've revisited the website to give some more cohesiveness to the photos and have removed a few while adding others. It's a great feeling to be able to shape things to receiving e-mails saying "I love the new stuff" or "the old photos are so cool". That's all I strive for with the site.

Now it's back to checking on whether or not I have customers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home