ManicRobThrill

Sunday, January 13, 2008

With a little more ease

A fast-paced weekend has made things less stressful than they were a week ago and for that, I'm glad.

We moved my dad to the assisted-living facility on Friday morning; he was great about it and I'm hopeful he'll get settled and adjusted to new routines, stability and stimuli in his life. I don't have to worry about him being hurt by being alone; not taking his medication or eating properly. He's 10 minutes from the apartment and we can see him anytime we want. We bought him new clothes and things he'll need for general comfort and we'll stop down there again today.

Had lunch with my cousin and her husband and finally got to meet their baby, who is one of the most adorable (and edible!) babies I've ever met. Was great to see her; it's been four years and I've missed her. A wonderful conversation and valuable time spent with the 5 of us.

Bought one of these yesterday; get one--they're terrific. Do not be alarmed; by no means have I abandoned my love and preference for Apple! It's just that we needed a new computer; I'd said that we were going to have to get a new iMac, but with Liz learning proper Microsoft programs, this made the most sense, so we now have the best of both worlds.

Also began upgrading the Synchronic East set up; awaiting the arrival of this little gem. Makes life with music (past into present) so much more convenient. At the same time, I'm waiting for the cable to be delivered for the Delphi XM home system to connect the iPod; a one-minute patch job and that baby will kick. This makes the whole studio concept more "modern" and will make whatever I do easier; I'd also like to begin recording other folks--demos, of course--to broaden my scope again.

At the same time, I'm thinking of divesting myself of some of my axes. It's not for need of money; just why do I need to keep so many guitars at this stage of my life? I've got to look them over and see which ones I'd be willing to part with. No emotional attachments; just which ones do I never use at all? I'd also like to sell off some of the extraneous equipment I have. No one needs so many cases, etc.!

Finally, heard a warm and familiar voice I hadn't in a while. Just got off the phone with one of my dearest, favorite friends, who is still a constant source of inspiration and admiration for me. Our lives have been running parallel and it's good to be able to share thoughts with him.

Opposite of last weekend, thankfully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home