ManicRobThrill

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend rewind (crossing off lists)

Aside from getting my thing (whatever that really means or entails) together musically again, yesterday, I went and signed us up for a year (me, "passport"/Liz "gold" and two years) membership with NYSC again, so we're totally back in the game again. Was at the gym this morning and aside from having a moment of deja-vu, it felt great and not without its' minor pains (how long has it been since I exercised properly? Don't ask.). Worked with the weights as well and managed to put in a full regimen as I used to. I guess that eliminates the last of the "to-do" items on the list for this year. As I've stressed so many times, it's never about a "resolution"--there's nothing to resolve. This is something I wanted and needed to do and now it's done. What else is left on the short list? Paying down the credit card, which leads to...

I've gotten a slew of e-mails for the guitars for sale and I do believe I have a taker for the Tele, which means a nice bit of cash to go into the bank. I hear the sound of chopping in the background as per the credit card. It isn't ludicrously high; it's just too high to me. People constantly scoff and say "oh, that balance is nothing, in comparison to mine" and they're usually right, but it's the principle of not having debt. The car payment is enough. I have all the toys and ecoutrements I could possibly want and I want nor need anything else or extraneous. It's about paring down and eliminating clutter and if I can do it and make some money in the process, hey, great.

Would love to now sell off the last of those CD's, just to create that extra bit of space!

All that aside, it's been a great suburban couple weekend and all the chores, etc. have been taken care of quickly and without aggro. Watched "Ratatouille" and loved it; everyone should see it. It's cute, funny and smart.

Now back to prepping the track I'm working on for this charity record.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home