ManicRobThrill

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Climbing out of the hole

Happy to report that this flu/cold/virus/whatever is nearly out of my system. I no longer have the inclination to let just the echinacea and other homeopathic remedies work their way through; Mucinex and Advil helped speed the process along with two nights of solid, restful sleep, which I cannot stress enough was sorely needed.

While I didn't go to The Pogues' show last night with Brian and Liz, I managed to sweat out the fever and sleep off the illness. An early morning breakfast and off to New Jersey to get Brian on the train before we did the groceries. That's the weekend in a nutshell; rest and the minor chores--Target run yesterday morning before lunch at Golden's--that was the first time we'd taken B. there; even the matzo ball soup didn't fend off the fever that came back. I thought I'd gotten enough sleep on Friday night, but you can't gauge how long these damn bugs last in your system.

A chance to unwind, not think about work or any of the other things that have caused my recent stresses; it's now about focusing in on getting completely well and enjoying the week ahead. If this all sounds too pedestrian, sorry. Just nothing more than what's happening at the moment. And I prefer less angst filled, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home