ManicRobThrill

Friday, February 08, 2008

Today/tomorrow/yesterday?

Been a hectic week. Trying to get back in the older (but preferred) routine of regular workouts. Busy at the day job. And now, with the arrival of that sweet little converter, I've been able to put the cassette archives onto iTunes and start to sift through the demos. The biggest kick I got out of going through these was hearing the old Two Minutes Hate e.p., "Seconds, Time Signatures and Strings", which I may put up on my website for the sake of change. God, I was 19 when we recorded it...

The other important find was the tracks recorded in 2000 for the third installment of the Julian Cope/Teardrop Explodes tribute series, Interpreters. The cassette I'd sent to be used was lost and subsequently missed the album, but these four tracks will see the light of day on the next edition. All in all, the musical muscle is definitely beginning to be built up quite nicely (and without strain). Throw in the artwork for ..."Arlington Line" really shining and the inner packaging taking shape (different ideas = anything is possible) and it's a good period.

Aside from all that, Brother B. is in town this weekend as we (along with some of my other close friends) head out to see (I really hate calling them this, but...) From The Jam, tomorrow night. I have my reservations--and the truth is, I don't enjoy going to shows as it is--but having Brian around for the weekend is the greatest feeling. Paid a nice size of the credit card and am feeling pretty pleased in general.

Time to begin the 3 hour wind down now, then it's off to Penn Station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home