ManicRobThrill

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Stopping for a moment

When I try to stop and think, I sometimes cannot believe how fast the days just rush past me. Suddenly, it's March and time seems more compressed than ever. Work (with great intensity, a lot of pressure and strain); the normal duties of home/family, social commitments and my own interests (gym--music--you name it); unquestionably, a full and balanced life. However, I've been feeling the pangs of adjustment and major changes in my life recently--most notably, the shifts in jobs. I'm sure it's a normal growing pain, but it certainly gives me pause. Having changed jobs is still something I'm coming to terms with. I was proud and loved my last job; the realization is that jumping ship for more money is not always the best of moves. So I still have my reservations and uneasiness with what I've gotten myself into. Time will tell, but for how long?

*************************

Thank you to everyone who's been calling and e-mailing for the last few days about my father. He should be out of the hospital and back at the nursing home in another day or two. I will catch up soon.

*************************

Check out this month's Utne Reader; its' prime focus is on the workplace (very salient topics) and music.

*************************

Being that so much is going on at the moment, I'm giving myself breathing space from recording this week. It doesn't help that my back is hurting again (which puts the kibosh on going to the gym today or tomorrow).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home