ManicRobThrill

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Passing strange

Not the most clever of posting titles, as it was the name of the Broadway show Liz and I saw last night, which was fantastic. I've never been a great aficionado of the theatre (I loathe the whole Sondheim-type of musical), but this was a brilliant and original piece of work with an amazing performance and cast. I won't attempt to describe it; if you're in New York, just go see it. Finally, something fresh on Broadway.

Prior to the show, walked up from the office to the theatre; a good 17 block trek gets the circulation going again to clear the cobwebs out of the brain. Certainly made me feel good.

The positive news of the week is that my father was released from the hospital on Wednesday and moved to a rehab nursing home for the next three weeks to improve his walking so he can get back to his own place. I've been told he's already making progress. Thank God for that.

*************************

Wish I was in D.C. this weekend; start of the cherry blossom festival, plus the opening of the new baseball stadium for the Nationals. Even though I'm a Mets fan, I hope the Nationals are a rousing success this season. Such a great town. Not to mention having family and some very good friends there.

*************************

This is the "spring cleaning" weekend; not that I have a lot to get rid of since I regulate what I have but there are a few things I think it may be time to say goodbye to (either outdated or outworn!). Purge the last of the "rock" shirts and toss the pseudo-"new wave" sweater!

Sun shining and I'm actually feeling pretty good this morning. Give the good vibe a spin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home