ManicRobThrill

Friday, September 10, 2010

Fresh eyes, fresh perspectives

Two days on and I can see some clear facts: as much as I tried to convince myself that there was a possible future with the special one, I knew in reality we could never survive. We started out unexpectedly and took off instantly. There was never a learning curve, because truly, if you have a long-term plan, the learning curve includes being able to accept and understand your partner's shortcomings, flaws and idiosyncracies. I'm sorry to say that in my heart, I don't think either one of us was able to do that. I had my misgivings and frustrations; my raised eyebrow of skepticism and my inability to trust her completely because of certain things. She, in turn, found many of my own negatives and used them as her cause to end it.

Regardless, the outpouring of love and support from my family and friends has been staggering; it has to be said that with each passing day, the sadness diminishes and I start to think about the things that made me unhappy in the time we were together. It makes me feel good about having had the doubt. Nonetheless, it will never cloud the joy I felt for those three spectacular months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home