ManicRobThrill

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Higher priorities

It's one thing to work through the heartache of a misguided, fleeting romance. It's another thing, on a far greater scale to stop and think about something more important than yourself. It's the 9th anniversary of what I consider the most horrific day the world has seen in my lifetime. I cannot forget it; I will not forget it. And I will not overlook the brave and selfless men and women who have given their lives for this country since that day.

I also can't help but cry for the fact that this was my parents' wedding anniversary. They were wed in 1952 and remained married until the day my mother died in April, 1989. Now that my father is gone, they are together for the first time on their anniversary in Heaven. I miss them and I feel their loss in ways that I cannot put into words.

Mom & Dad, I love you. I hope you're happily reunited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home