ManicRobThrill

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Party with me, punker

So Liz and I meet up last night at Lincoln Center to see "We Jam Econo: The Story Of The Minutemen". It was a bit surreal; all these faces, young and old dressed like they were going to a punk show. If anything, I found it strange, somewhat humorous and a little sad. It had that air to it of trying to recapture their youth and for the young 'uns, they were all posing for the elders. Believe me, I'm not above it, but it was a tad off-putting for me.

The cinema at Lincoln Center is nice; good snack bar--excellent coffee and a damn fine banana bread on offer. Comfortable seating and a civilized atmosphere. The movie was what I expected and brought me crashing through a sea of memories and emotions. Liz thought it was great and really, it was one of those nights to savor. The Q & A with the director and editor was interesting and didn't at all come off like those terribly pretentious theatre presentations. Very pleased and was terribly moved. Really looking forward to the DVD.

Really have to get my thing together and change the songs on the iPod Mini--summer's coming and the heavy grooves/dancefloor stuff HAS to stay (think Ibiza), but time to put The Minutemen, Huskers, etc. for the sake of keeping myself fresh and inspired, especially with our album now being done.

...but I was D. Boon, Paul Weller, Julian Cope and Pete Shelley... me and Bob Strete, playing guitars...

(with a nod, a smile, a wink and a tear to D. Boon)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home