ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Weekend rewind (buzz or howl under the influence of heat)

Several days since the last posting; nothing too dramatic. In a nutshell:

Work ended a little early on Friday for the long weekend; walked up to the Village (could the weather have been more perfect?) where I stopped at Astor Hair to have a #2 buzz done (ah, how refreshing); met Liz for dinner and drinks at Cafe Le Figaro (or in her case, Cafe Le Fig) and then took a nice, long, leisurely walk back to the ferry and a lovely ride home on the outdoors of the new boat. I'm still a bit surprised that it's been more than 7 years--before she and I got married--since we've had this kind of evening at the cafe.

Saturday was running early errands, a lite lunch and then off to Maxwell's to meet the Sexy Stud. Liz, Bob and myself basically got to "our table" at 5 (the opening hour) and stayed until 2:30 or so. Much Merlot consumed; a wonderful dinner (chick pea salad KICKS ASS); endless laughs and Bob is quite taken with the lovely hostess who always stops to chat with us--go, brother, go! Just never let me order appletinis again. A hard lesson to be learned on Sunday morning.

To which, in getting up on Sunday was a chore. I am not a drinker, so the hangover was quite a hammer in my head. Nonetheless, we were up and out early--stopped to recharge the fuel at this great new sandwich chain who has a fabulous "garden veggie" sandwich on ciabatta--damn, that's good eatin'. Hung out at home, feeling lazy and ill (truth be told) for the balance of the day. Just the time alone with Liz was nothing less than welcome, wanted and wonderful.

And then there was yesterday. A 13th-hour e-mail saying "yes, we're getting together today to start mixing" was not what I expected. I really was angered by the fact that this is how we seem to do business. Nonetheless, I got up to Chris' place and we wound up with two songs mixed. The fact that Liz and I had to cancel our plans because of this is what infuriated me--knowing that I had to go and get this underway as who knows when the next opportunity to mix will come around instead of saying to Chris "no, you didn't get back to me until this morning; too late, I have plans". My mistake. Obviously, I'm still bothered by it, but I'll get over it. It's par for the course. If he reads this and is offended, it isn't meant as offense--just simple common courtesy, not excuses. This was discourteous. I'm quite certain that if the roles were reversed, he wouldn't appreciate it--and he wouldn't change his/his family's plans. Friends don't do this to friends with such regularity.

Nevertheless, I am glad to be up and about in the world of the living/working. The lazier side of me eschewed going to the gym (I know, I know) and doing the laundry--I will take care of the latter tonight and hit the gym on Thursday--that's a promise. Indiscipline is something I can't and won't tolerate from myself, so back to focus and a bit of a taking a few steps back to where I was and regaining that mindset I had at the beginning of this quest for perfection (or at best, great improvement). With that said, I will finish my green tea and get back to my other duties. Time is money, you know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home