ManicRobThrill

Friday, November 04, 2005

Fabulous

Sorry I haven't posted all week. Work has been incredibly busy and hectic (and I'm enjoying every minute of it) and things have been happening. We were officially approved and signed papers for a two-bedroom garden apartment in a community called Mill Run, in Union, New Jersey. At the beginning of February comes the end of the lifetime I spent in Staten Island. I feel absolutely nothing except for the desire to actually get the moving underway. Once we completed the business side of things, we drove around Union to find places and it looks just right for us. Train not too far away, a nice cafe, plenty of restaurants, shopping, vet and best of all for me, a gym. Home sweet home.

The band has more rehearsals planned and at last, we're making serious inroads to doing a formal photoshoot for the album cover.

This looks like an amazing weekend, weather-wise. Best of all, Liz and I have no plans. This would be the perfect chill-out weekend.

Saw this headline on Yahoo News this morning. If this was another time, I would have cringed, but now I just chuckled. Once I turned 40, I turned a corner. Don't have time, desire or inclination to be aligned with any kind of "youth subcultures". I have nothing against Mods; I just don't care anymore. "Quadrophenia" is still my favorite movie, though.

Surprised and very happy to hear that one of my all-time favorite bands will be issuing no less than three albums that have been M.I.A. since they had been recorded. Tragic, but at least a joy for me.

All you gotta do is let go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home