ManicRobThrill

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Lucky Seven

It's been a head spin of a week.

Liz and I were married on this day seven years ago. Happy anniversary to us.

Work has been BUSY; I have a lot to learn and have learned a great deal already. The people seem very kind and warm and I feel a greater sense of pleasure at the notion of work than I have at any job since my days at Atlantic. I have very high expectations for and of myself at Turn Up The Music; I hope I succeed at reaching every one of these new goals.

Wound up getting sick on Monday night; a blitzkrieg head cold came on hard and fast. Still lingering in my chest. I don't mind the drive to and from the office. Better to have comfort in my own car with good music or sports radio on than to be stuck in the subway or waiting for the ferry. Paid off one credit card in total; now there's only one in use.

Saw Jason yesterday; his good self graciously changed the brake pads and flushed the radiator on the car; ready for inspection (which should have happened this morning, but didn't, thanks to Pep Boys fucking up royally). Bless you, sir. Got the call Thursday from the super at the new apartment building that the application for the lease was approved; the lease itself will be ready tomorrow, so I'll try and meet with him during my lunch hour. Relieved? You bet. Picked out and totaled up all the new furniture we'll need. It's nice to get all the details out of the way. A dangerous thing to say, but I'm really hoping to make this as smooth a move as we can as I don't want the stress level of the ordeal to elevate any more than it would naturally.

So with this moment for thinking and writing, it's back to prepping for the start of this coming week. Working at a job I already enjoy with people I like. A good feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home