ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Thinking out loud (or vacation... all I ever wanted redux)

An early morning with the sun pouring in. Liz left for work over an hour ago; the coffee has been drunk and the dishes washed. I'm thinking about the things I want and need to do this week as I prepare for my new job next week. I'm looking forward to Turn Up The Music with anticipation and hope; I think it will be a great experience and the start of a new chapter in my life, both professionally and personally.

The idea of finding a job in New Jersey was raised after we'd initially decided to move there. Suddenly, the hardest part is done. And the notion of finding a job you actually want doesn't happen often in life; I've been lucky twice. It sounds like a silly thing to say, but I can't wait for the next three months to pass so that we can get the moving sorted out and Liz and I can get on with the next new phase in our life. I just feel that things are going to be so much better--and I'm not talking about delusions of money or anything. Just our quality of life will be greatly raised--as is my professional life.

I also feel like The Punch Line has turned a happier corner. Even though the recording and now the mixing of this album has taken longer than by most standards, it will have been well worth the wait when the moment comes that we say "okay, we're done--let's get to mastering and sending this album off for pressing". I still listen to it as something that not only sounds great but holds together wonderfully. Not many albums by anyone have a sense of consistency or coherency. My hope or wish for the band is that we get back to working together as a band and start to refine the live chops that we know we have.

Speaking of The Punch Line, I had a really nice conversation with Carl, the former bass player with the band, for the first time in over a year. Felt good to chat with him about things beyond our old routines and to talk about life and growing older. I did have an ulterior motive, since Liz and I are looking at Roselle Park as the target of our move and Carl lived there for several years, but nonetheless, as soon as the "business" aspect was out of the way, it was a great (and lengthy) talk.

Now it's off to either do the laundry or to clean the car. So much to do... so much time available!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home