ManicRobThrill

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Going home

Things turn out sometimes the way you want, ask, hope and pray for.

I went last week on an interview to a music company in Kenilworth, New Jersey. I liked the people I met and I liked what they had to say. I enjoyed being in a nice area in Jersey and it dawned on me that this might be where Liz and I move to. I felt great; strong about the interview and hoped this would be the one. As Brother Brian always says, "go with your gut".

I've been working this week as a temp in a not-particularly great nor interesting atmosphere, but it's work of one form or another. It's pay not earned via the New York State Department of Labor and it keeps me out, about and not waiting for the phone to ring.

I received an e-mail yesterday afternoon from the P.R. firm I'd interviewed at last week; it was an invitation for a 2nd interview. That felt good.

Today, I received an e-mail from Friend Jon C. about how the woman from Turn Up The Music had called him for a reference and he told her I was "aces"; I was IM'ing with Mary from Direct Revenue and Dianne, the woman from TUTMusic actually called her. When I got home, I found 2 messages from Dianne; I left her a phone message and then she called at about 6:15 or so and offered me the job. I accepted and so I begin on Monday, the 26th.

Sometimes you really do get what you want.

I'm going home, kids. Back to music. Record labels are a thing of the past, but music is music. And these are good people.

I'm a lucky man. At least I feel it right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home