ManicRobThrill

Monday, August 22, 2005

Contradiction

Ever since I began my vacation on Friday, I've been fucking busy. Not a complaint, mind you; just an observation. Went out Friday night with LeFig; did a quick stop at Whole Foods and was up early to get to Chris' by 10.

Got to work immediately and basically managed to mix a song an hour. It was one of (if not the most) disciplined sessions I've ever taken part in. The production of the album took a new turn and now sounds the way I envisioned it to be. Big, booming, explosive drums; propulsive, yet melodic bass runs; crisp guitars and rich vocals--all that's left to work on are two songs and we're ready to master. I honestly haven't been able to stop listening to the CD since I got it home and that's a great feeling. Working with Chris was a pleasure and I'm happy with the results and looking forward to the next session, which may turn out to be the truly last one.

Had a day out with Liz yesterday; groceries for us and the dad, as per usual. Did the Target run and lunch at Panera; was wiped out by the time we got home. Spent this first day alone going through clothes and doing a late-summer purging. Thinking of the not-too-distant future, it's time to start getting rid of old items that no longer have a part in my life. I didn't want to become over-analytical; I went with the clinical approach and just looked at whatever seemed worn and horribly out of fashion. Said goodbye to my 12-year old Doc Martens. I'm not a Mod or a kid anymore; time to let it all go. Did laundry and worked on the acoustic set. Sent mp.3's of the new mixes to Bob, who's as happy with them as I am. His reaction gave me a recharged thrill and it makes me glad to know that on Saturday, the goal set was met.

More later--I'm getting tired on this sofa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home