ManicRobThrill

Monday, August 15, 2005

Weekend rewind (seven views of Jerusalem)

Today is the actual anniversary of when Liz and I met and had our first date; two months later, we were married. Not bad. Any detractors/critics: fuck you. End of discussion. It's (not) funny how we put up with a lot of bullshit when we first met; well, I certainly did with the "you guys will never last" or "ah, she's only your first wife"--I would have to say that those who did not believe that Liz and I could meet, actually fall in love and stay in love/have a successful marriage are incapable of being happy themselves. So again, a big, hearty fuck you to all who were naysayers. And you could add to my slightly acid-tinged words that no one, at any time, did or gave us anything to help us get started, so everything we have, we earned ourselves. No bridal shower for her; no wedding gifts--barely an acknowledgment. So 7 years of being with this amazing woman has been heightened by the fact that all the things that we've gone through--good and bad--we've gone through alone. That's pride.

A very quiet and mind-numbingly hot weekend leads to not much to report. Except for great progress made on my acoustic set. Will change the strings this coming weekend and set about going through my set in order. Also have a lot of work to do as this coming Saturday is the next Punch Line mixing session and to many degrees, it's back to square one. Listening to the mixes that I have at intervals leaves me wondering where and how it's been going sideways. We've sat there and said to Chris exactly what to keep, etc.; why those mixes aren't what we have is frustrating and a disturbing curiosity. We also need to doctor one of the songs very carefully; listening to it closely, I hear a mistake on the percussion that's obvious and frankly, if it's heard as such in a finished version, then I'd say that's embarrassing and bad quality control to let it out in this manner (hence, I'm not saying what song it is). So work is a serious focus for this Saturday.

Why are the gods not with Pedro?

Now laundry tonight and to soak my tired feet in luxury. Must keep cool on all levels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home