ManicRobThrill

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Melt with you

It's just too hot to even think. I haven't been outside since I got to the office this morning; I feel like I need another shower. All I can see is me on the beach with a ice bucket of bottled waters, my iPod and a copy of Surfer Magazine. Unadulterated bliss as the combination of waves, sun and music carry me away. I don't think I'm ever as zen with anything as when I'm at the beach. Instead, I have to look forward to a steamy ride home on the subway and a torture ride on the ferry, surrounded by rude halfwits from foreign lands who constantly remind me that I'm an American pig... I don't get it. Why come to New York if you hate Americans? Anyhow--xenophobia notwithstanding...

Waiting to hear back from Chris and Bob re: Saturday. Would like to get this solidified and then done. A lot of work to still do. Probably even more of the roll-up-the-shirtsleeves nature, what with the art, layout, pre-production and manufacturing, then setting up the distribution. Not a complaint. This is something I never really imagined back in '83 when Two Minutes Hate had first taken flight. We thought doing a 45 would be enough. As soon as the final mixes are approved, I'll post something on my website. One hopes that the excitement in The Punch Line camp now begins to climb to a fever pitch in opposition to the subdued manner in which we've been operating lately; the recording process has been very long, etc. When you hear the end product, it's damned well worth it.

Am hungry as all get-out; been really good again, watching my dietary intake, etc. Went to the gym last night and feel great today. Again, been flexing the disciplinary muscle. Of course, I wouldn't mind a bit of chocolate as a quick fix...

Enough rambling. Time to get back to work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home