ManicRobThrill

Monday, July 18, 2005

Weekend rewind (light and shade)

The Punch Line did a mixing session yesterday, and I'm proud to go on record saying apart from the fact that 5 of the 10 songs for the album are mixed, which leaves (in reality) one more session to go before sending the disc off for mastering, the songs sound incredible. I won't bore you with any ridiculous gushing or sounding over-dramatic, but these first final mixes leave me still shaking my head in a happy state of disbelief. Everyone worked hard, exchanged ideas and worked economically to make this session a fruitful one.

Spoke with J.W. last night for the first time since his parting. Great to hear his voice and pick up on his good vibe; very unhappy to hear about the illness and subsequent departure of a very dear mutual friend of ours. Get well, B. -- words won't do me justice to say how much I've treasured our friendship. Please stay in touch.

iBook due to be delivered today. Picked up the WiFi router and will make my (feeble) attempt to connect it tonight. Hopefully, T-W Cable will be back up and running by the time I get home, although I do need to do laundry and yoga to re-center my emotional core. At the moment, I feel the strains of my friends' unhappiness and troubles and selfishly don't want it to have any adverse effects on me.

Had a lovely and laid-back Friday night with Liz at Le Figaro; walked back to the ferry after dinner and was wiped out. Did all the necessary chores, etc. on Saturday (as you would have guessed), then wound out for the evening in the cool of the air-conditioned apartment; Liz with her jewelry and magazines, me with a good book...

Who read the new Harry Potter already? I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home