ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Weekend rewind (let us prey)

Yes, it was a standard weekend for Liz and myself. Never let it be said that a good old-fashioned "date" with your wife/husband isn't good for the soul. And a blood-and-guts zombie movie is the perfect antidote to a heavy work week. "Land Of The Dead" was a hoot. Had a light snack after we bought the tickets; made an obligatory stop at Whole Foods afterwards (bring it on, motherfuckers--yes, I AM indie-yuppie. Fuck you.). Out the door early Saturday--off to do the "suburban couple" rounds--heavy duty heat will make you head for the nearest mall. And in the beauty of modern mall culture, managed to find the one thing that will bring you out of an 98 degree (that's what the sign said) near-coma--the nectar of the gods. Watched "In Good Company"--a suprisingly pleasant movie. Much better than I'd expected. Sunday saw us at the gym by 9; again, surpassing previous goals and a kickass workout with the weights that completely invigorated me, considering it was even hotter than it had been on Saturday. Made an impromtu drive up to Hoboken for lunch--something in the back of my mind has been pointing me towards a minor vegetarian revival. Stopped at the natural foods store before heading home to the sweet sanctuary of air conditioning. Laundry last night after work; a quick vacuum and the housework was done--all was in order by the time Liz got home from the gym and a relaxing evening watching "Six Feet Under". Thus, here I am today.

The Punch Line seem to be heading on the right track. I've informed Chris and Bob that we now have a definitive date and timeframe to work with--September 22nd street date for ...to get to the other side; this means a delivery date to the manufacturers for the master on August 19th. Having a clear cut schedule means there should be no more excuses nor delays to finish mixing the album. At an average of about 2 songs per session over the next few weeks, this will be achievable. Plus, we've been communicating production ideas and notes on a constant, so there should be no crossed wires or misinterpretations. Some of the songs have been mixed to the point of being near ready (case and point, "Train Of Thought" and "Beauty Lies"); all they would need is a minor tweak here and there. I'm not taking it lightly; I'm hoping that the conclusion of this project is less problematic than the recording process had been. The end product is going to be (certainly) something we will be proud of and I still believe we all saw the same thing when we listened to the final playback of the roughs--"this is what we wanted, the way we wanted it". So I remain vigilant and unyielding in how and when I see this being completed.

Beyond that, work is good--busier for me than it has been for a while, so if you're wondering why my blog time has decreased, there's your answer. I like it; I enjoy it. So with that said, I will return to my daily agenda and make a satisfied retreat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home