ManicRobThrill

Monday, June 20, 2005

Weekend rewind (comfortably numb)

After a week's discomforts, I can finally breathe again with some clarity. I think I've developed normal allergies because I just can't think of what brought this latest irritation on. Add to the fact that when I saw Bob on Thursday, he was feeling the same. About Thursday...

Had a great time. While a flash rain storm and heavy traffic on the G.S.P. was the only dither, I managed to hear the Mets win their only game of the last week, meet up with Bob pretty much on time and had a great conversation on the ride down to Asbury Park. Also had a chance to hear the 1st mixes of "Inside" and "Bitter Sweet", which false modesty aside, pretty much left me stunned, especially "Inside". At moments, I couldn't really fathom that it's us. Nonetheless, Asbury Lanes has so much atmosphere; was so cool that I couldn't get over the almost adolescent joy I derived from it. It has to be said, the women there were staggering. Sexy, stylish, glamourous and made a draining day quite uplifting (lemme get a amen). Felt like an 18 year old again. The bowling alley looks unchanged from when it opened in the '50's; the d.j. was playing good music (all on vinyl) and the folks we spoke to seemed pretty nice. 5 bands, "We Jam Econo" - $5.00. Can't beat that. Beer was plentiful, cold and cheap and all in all, a night to be savored and appreciated.

Friday, an aborted attempt to take the car to be fixed, but managed to find a notary public to take care of these annoying legal papers. Was nice to have the apartment to myself all day with the sun shining and (truth be told) pigging out on downright junk food (call it "comfort" food in my world)--pizza, chips, Ben & Jerry's and fuck you to anyone who takes umbrage at my I-don't-feel-well diet. I also had barely gotten any sleep so I was pretty much in and out of consciousness.

Saturday was chore day but we made it fun and light--the usual and kept it down in terms of stress and gotta-get-it-done-now bullshit. Yesterday was pretty much the same with a great deli lunch at Golden's and a bit of a spending spree on product for both of us. Sat around watching the idiot box and tried to get myself back in the mindset for work.

So here we are. Got a surprise when I checked in on The Punch Line website; Chris did some nice updates to it and hopefully, this will lead to those folks who visit to keep checking and see the now-happening changes. A good vibe? I hope so. Would like to continue mixing. If I like what I've heard so far, I can only imagine the quality of this when it's done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home