ManicRobThrill

Thursday, June 09, 2005

An observation by King Crimsonfaced

Let's start with it's damn hot. Uncomfortably, unhealthily so. I'm already sweated and feeling disgusting, even though we have a good a.c. system in the office. Hopefully, the energy-sapping heat will not deter me from going to the gym tonight and keeping on track. I don't smell an excuse, but I definitely would rather be taking a siesta in a cool dark room.

Looked at The Punch Line's website again; at something of a loss as to what needs to be done with/to it. To say "overhaul" is obvious and overstating things. I can easily see that the Rickenbacker on the heading needs to go; we need to announce (as minute as this is) on the front page that the recording IS complete; that I now have a website and can create a link to it and that we've been at work writing and preparing new material in the absence of gearing up for live shows. It's funny how some people would presume that this so-called "lack of action" would mean dire circumstances, but I don't see it that way. The Punch Line goes on. Period. I know Bob has material; I have material and if Chris works out his schedule, then perhaps he'll deliver material. It's not as if this band has ever been short of new songs. There are moments that I become impatient at the lack of progress, since we started this whole thing up again, but I also know that this isn't my lifeblood anymore and that I do this for the joy of it. Still, there's a happier medium to be found somewhere. Yes, the mixing has begun, but how long will that take? Then the artwork needs to be finalized and we need to shoot some photos (nothing ridiculous or worse, pompous). Patience is a virtue, but at what cost of time?

Another thing (totally off the prior topic) is this notion/oft-repeated phrase I hear about "indie-yuppie". What kind of shit is that? What? Because I work in tech (now) and have a cell phone and enjoy Frappuccinos and listen to older "punk" (what a dirty word that's become) and have no connection to newer music? Wow, talk about reducing anyone to a sub-cultural stereotype. I guess the next time Liz and I have lunch at a pizza chain for the sake of a nice, full-meal, I should be wearing an alligator on my shirt and boat shoes on my feet with a fresh tan, but with a pierced nose. I don't know--what the fuck do indie-yuppies look like?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home