ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Weekend rewind (chilled to perfection)

A great weekend. No pressures, no aggravations, no arguments or headaches--just simple down time, which was sorely needed and highly welcomed. What more can you say about that?

In a nutshell--got home from work Friday and went for a quick snack walk with Liz--ran into Brother Rolando, which was great as we haven't seen him in a while; stayed in and watched t.v. as it was storming all night. A leisurely Saturday with Starbucks, groceries, a take-your-time, we're-in-no-rush lunch, a Target stop and then grocery shop for Dad (we did this around 6 p.m.) and frozen custard. By the time we were in for the night, Bob had called, so we had a chance to catch up on his move, etc. He sounds great and the vibe I got from him made me feel even more up. Sunday was a hard drill at the gym, then back to Hoboken--deja vu of last Sunday? You bet. A great lunch; nice long walk around the town and back home to watch some not-so-great movies on PPV, which makes me very glad that we don't go to the cinema all that often. Yesterday, off to the gym for a bonus; coffee, a stop at Tastebud's and home to do laundry. 72 hours of peace of mind and quiet; time for Liz and I to just enjoy.

After all that, I'm still in workout mode and will be hitting the gym again tonight. As I told Liz during the weekend, I think I'm finally making up for lost time and negligent indiscipline. It doesn't hurt me, either, obviously. The older I'm getting, the more conscious I am towards my state of physical well-being. Anything I can do to build up my physical body and in turn put myself on a better mental and spiritual plane--I'll do it. 40 (to this point) has been an eye-opening year. I certainly don't run from making changes like I used to; I figure I can only benefit from changing a habit here, taking a supplement there and doing all that I can to be in complete control and (for lack of a better word) harmony with me. I don't think I ever really cared as much as I have in the last few years and turning 40 has been instrumental towards it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home