ManicRobThrill

Friday, July 15, 2005

The daily sauna

Okay, you can skip the idea of my planning to buy an iBook... I bought it. Should arrive by Wednesday, if I'm right. Am I chomping at the bit? You bet. Although I don't have an SUV or even a new ride in general, I'm now officially transcended to indie-yuppie. So fuck you all (and you know who you are... ha ha ha) who mock and scorn those of us who have Treos, shop at Whole Foods and used to be "punk" (insert over-dramatic wretching sound here). I'll take my iPod Mini and be on my way, you peasants. The iBook now gives me the flexibility to work on the website at home and countless other things that weren't possible until now. Like GarageBand...

The Punch Line have a mixing session scheduled for Sunday, thankfully. I'm looking forward to hearing the songs we work on with fresh ears. It's been since May and the time is drawing nearer to delivery date of the master. I think with the planning and anticipatory pre-emptive actions for these scant sessions, it should go fairly smoothly (optimistic p.o.v.). Again, having had time and distance from the songs helps make the process less frustrating. I don't want to wind up hating the songs after hearing them umpteen times in the mix process.

Meeting Liz tonight at Cafe Le Figaro; time we had ourselves a nice, quiet dinner with no cause for distraction. I think in lieu of not going anywhere on vacation, evenings like these are a regular necessity. Helps us diffuse from the stresses of the work week.

Have a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home