ManicRobThrill

Friday, July 22, 2005

Favorite thing

We're in business--finished all the downloading, bookmarking, etc. on the iBook last night. Actually had time to sit down and surf for a while just to get the hang. Really irritating, though, that I can't work on the website because you have to have 5.5 or some such shit for Internet Explorer and Mac is only currently provided with 5.2.3. Again--why do I hate Microsoft?

Anyhow, while this morning is hot and sunny, I'm looking forward to tonight, as I plan on going into Synchronic East (I like that--it's really the spare bedroom) and working on my acoustic set. I haven't even touched the guitar in over a month (let alone approach the 12-string or play any songs), but I have this nagging desire to do something. I enjoy dusting off some of the songs I haven't played or given thought to in years and I do like the acoustic arrangements of songs like "Wild Skies" and "Whatever Makes You Happy" (which has yet to see the light of day in a recorded band version). So that's my target for the evening--at least before Liz gets home.

No great plans on this weekend's agenda. More heat; the usual household duties tomorrow and then we'll see how we're feeling come Sunday morning.

Another day of horrors in London; a new morning as we get ready for police searches of our bags. You know what? I don't have a problem with that. The world has a problem with terrorists. This is not a time for bullshit. This is a time to be vigilant and cooperative and safe. If you have nothing to hide, why fear the police inquiry? And keep in mind, I'm a card-carrying Democrat.

Mull it over and have a good weekend. Stay cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home